Media Two and the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) have partnered to launch the first-ever digital media apprenticeship program in the US. IAB Accelerate: Digital Media Apprenticeship, in partnership with American Apprenticeships Worrk (AAW), will address diversity in the workforce across the industry. While employed by Media Two, this role is for a Data Analyst Apprentice who will work as part of the campaign success team. The successful apprentice will grow into the role of Campaign Success Manager. During the program, the apprentice will also learn Data Analyst skills as well as Digital Media & Campaign Management training and be assigned mentors from the IAB as well as Media TWo.
Who are you?
- You are passionate about advertising, you love data, and you are intrigued by all things digital.
- You may not have the skills, training or experience to do this job yet, but if you have the right mix of attitude, aptitude and commitment then we want to meet you.
- You must be willing, ready and able to learn, so we can teach you the skills you need to succeed.
- You will need to enjoy numbers, be reasonably numerate, and be driven to learn about data and advertising campaign management.
- You might know some basic code, or you may never have coded before in your life! Don’t let that worry you, as by the end of this program, we will train you in the Python and SQL you need to search and manipulate your data.
- You may know Excel, Tableau, or Powerpoint, and by the end of this program you will have mastered the skills to beautifully and effectively present your data.
- You are good communicator, enjoy working with people, and are willing to put the work in to learn a new craft.
Purpose: Media Two is seeking an individual with potential to learn, who will support a team of media strategists and buyers with:
- End to end process of analyzing data and creating reports for internal and external customers
- Data visualization and communication of results
- Advertising trafficking, campaign set and reporting
- Managing media campaigns within our ad servers.
Location: Raleigh, NC. The role is based in our Raleigh office, and initial training will require a mix of both in-office and remote work.
How the Apprenticeship works:
As an apprentice you will learn the skills for the job while you are working. It’s a full time paid job, with 20% of your time spent learning and practicing the skills needed to succeed.
The apprenticeship is a 12-month program focussed on Data Analytics, with added learning in campaign management, and digital advertising operations.
There aren’t any tests. It is a competency based program, which means that you need to be able demonstrate you can do the necessary skills for the job.
There is a brilliant training program included in this job, giving you 4 hours of technical skills training each week, plus an hour with an instructor who can help you make sense of things. There is also an hour or so each week of business & professional skills, including things like industry knowledge, campaign operations skills, communication skills and much more. To help keep it all on track, the apprentice will have an hour each week with a personal coach – to help build confidence, get the most out of the program and grow into the role.
Day to day, an apprentice’s responsibilities are very similar to a regular professional. As a data analyst apprentice, your role is to gather and inspect the company’s data and extract essential information to support various decision-making processes. As an apprentice, you get to learn this while you work. In this program you will also learn what you need to work in campaign management.
As a data analyst apprentice you will learn skills such as analyzing data sets, using data systems securely, applying statistical methodologies, and visualizing data through infographics, graphs, or tables. The candidate is not expected to have knowledge of these skills or tools before the program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build, maintain and ensure accuracy of client reporting
- Provide ad hoc reporting requests
- Review and provide analysis of media placement performance in support of the planning and buying team
- Tracking set-up, trafficking, flighting, testing and managing campaigns within ad servers
- Ensure adherence to proper campaign structure, centralization of data sources and general media buying best practices
- Educate team members on functionality and use of ad servers and provide troubleshooting on an ad hoc basis
Prior Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly detail oriented, organized and data-driven
- Able to communicate effectively and work well with a team
- Willing to learn
- Basic proficiency in MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Basic proficiency in the use of Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and Slides
Tools used in this role (prior experience not required):
- Google Marketing Platform
- Data visualization tools such as Google Data Studio, Tableau or PowerBI
- Tag Manager
- Analytics Tools such as Google, Adobe, SQL, Python
Who is Media Two?
Media Two Interactive is a data-first media agency that specializes in strategic planning and buying of digital and traditional media placement. For over twenty years, we’ve focused on achieving the objectives of our diverse client portfolio including national and regional brands in retail, technology, manufacturing, healthcare, finance, tourism, education and many other categories.
More importantly, Media Two is an agency that believes putting people first is the only option. While we’ve been the first to beta test Google products, we were one of the first to go Carbon Neutral, and now we’re the first in the US to launch this program – that all pales in comparison to our commitment to putting people first. When 2020 smacked the world silly, Media Two made a commitment to its employees and community to do better – and it resulted in being named North Carolina’s Business of the Year for their stance on social and global issues. Media Two is an agency you can grow with professionally, and it’s an opportunity for you to make a real impact of change in the world today for your community.
How to Apply?
There are several ways to apply… First, you can connect directly with the owner, Michael Hubbard, on LinkedIn – and let him know your interest and why you’re interested. Second, you can email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume, and maybe a little bit about why it’s important to you to be in a position to impact change in the world. The third way will be up in a little bit, with a form to fill out – but that seems pretty impersonal – so we’re trying to change it up a little bit. Thank you for your interest!